Saturday, May 22, 2010

Birdie's dancing

"Birdie" is turning five and wants a ballet cake. I went over and over how to do this cake in my head for weeks. Finally, after doing the mega cupcakes with non edible accents I started stretching my ideas. I was kind of opposed to using non edible accents on cakes because that seemed to defeat the purpose, but then I thought "why?" I'm still making the cake, the filling, the fondant. I'm still decorating it from head and abilities. And frankly, using tulle on a cake tutu was going to turn out much better than using fondant. So...
Here's a picture of my chocolate chip cookie cake with caramel filling before I covered it with fondant. It gets ordered with every cake I make, a fast favorite, everyone wants it. I don't blame them, it's amazing :).

No comments:

Post a Comment